Well Christmas has come and gone but I still love looking at the lights at our place.
Just a few observations on Christmas:
- Christmas brings out the best in some people and the worst in others.
- Christmas is a time of giving… and some people are only good at taking (LOL)
- Christmas is a time of giving… and some people graciously give too much (but hey, we’re not complaining about that)
- Christmas is a time of good cheer… and some people who aren’t cheerful all year ’round adequately demonstrate they aren’t cheerful at Christmas either
- The shops are shut for a day. For f*ck’s sake! (My fav phrase although it’s on the Little Britain: Live DVD!!!)
- Even if you say Merry Christmas or send someone a Christmas text message or whatever, you might not get that back… but hey, if you did it out of the goodness of your heart, who cares?
- Christmas is a time to spend with good friends and family… and I am fortunate enough to have my good friends here to spend Christmas with, and fortunate enough to live in a country (and have a lifestyle) that allows me to talk to my family for an hour and a half on the phone on Christmas (um even if Grandma’s old phone was a bit dodgy, i.e. Brian turned up the volume to hear with and all he could hear was him talking louder!!!)
- Christmas is the best day (well, besides birthdays) to spoil the kids! It’s great to see their faces light up with the cool toys and gadgets they get in this day and age.
- Christmas (and to a degree Thanksgiving and New Years) makes me even more thankful for all the blessings and opportunities and lovely people I have (and have had) in my life. For those who I am close to (and you know who you are), I love you dearly. So when I say it, I mean it!!!
Anyway… I’m not mentioning names for some of these (um, the bad ones are to people who aren’t even on myspace as far as I can tell) but are just some observations I wanted to share with everyone.